When we speak of Commercial Cleaning services, what most people perceive is all about dusting, taking the trash out, and vacuuming. But there is so much more to it. It covers the health and safety of your employees, customers, visitors, and the locality as a whole. Commercial Cleaning Philadelphia will provide you with an analysis of the merits and demerits associated with hiring a commercial cleaner.
Also with the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic, you cannot just set aside cleaning as another task and leave it to your employees to get it done. This may no doubt sound easy and cost-effective. But without proper knowledge and the required skills, instead of ensuring the health and safety of those around you, it may lead to accidents and might even create a hazardous environment.
It may no doubt seem to be cost-effective and safer to have an in-house cleaner. But cleaning requires both skill and knowledge on how to do it the right way.
Risk Assessment is Essential
It would be wise to get a risk assessment done as this would be helpful in determining the dangers so that they can be addressed appropriately. However, is it worth taking the risks? Why not hire a commercial cleaner instead as they are well trained in getting the tasks done. it will be much more cost-effective as compared to getting your employees to do the task and if any untoward accident might happen. Following are some of the ways that can be helpful in reducing the risks:
Chemicals should be Handled Carefully
Most of the chemicals used for cleaning purposes are hazardous and need to be handled with proper care. One should be well aware of the properties that are used in the chemicals and must know how to use them so that it is effective. One of the major health risks that this chemical often tends to cause is occupational dermatitis.
However, if you hire a professional cleaning service, then such health risks can be prevented. Their employees are accustomed to using it and are well aware of which products are hazardous and what can be done to prevent them from contacting the eyes and hands. Besides, there are certain chemicals that have to be used after mixing it. And such chemicals can emit poisonous fumes. Commercial cleaners are well trained and equipped with the know-how on how to use it correctly and store it to avoid injury.
Proper use of Tools
Commercial cleaners in Philadelphia are well equipped with all the required tools and equipment used for cleaning. They are trained and are experienced in where to use ladders and step-stools or even scaffolding maybe. They know how to lift heavy objects carefully and how to use the vacuums and mops without causing any injury to their body.
Keeps the Area Safe
The training of cleaning services also includes how to take safety measures to avoid any trip and slip hazards. Floor care is one of the primary roles of cleaners. Therefore, to prevent any floor damage and slippery floors, they ensure the proper usage of the products so as to avoid any chances of slipping or tripping. Also, since they work after the company timetable, they ensure that the tasks assigned are done properly and efficiently.
Pros and Cons of Hiring Commercial and In-House Commercial Cleaners
Hiring a commercial cleaning service will not only ensure a clean office space but will also provide you with peace of mind. They will ensure that your office is clean, safe, and healthy for your employees. They will add value to your company by increasing productivity and reducing the cost of the workforce. Irrespective of whether you plan to hire an in-house cleaner, outsource to a commercial cleaner or use both, you will always have some advantages and disadvantages as well.
So before you hire or outsource a cleaning service provider, it is always best to consider the pros and cons that are associated with it. Following are some of them:
Advantages of Outsourcing
- One of the major advantages of outsourcing to commercial cleaners is that it reduces the involvement of your in-house staff and also reduces the cost.
- As the task is outsourced to well-experienced professionals specialized in cleaning, maintaining, and organizing the space, you can concentrate on other important activities such as administration, maintenance of equipment, and other cost-effective matters.
Some of the few disadvantages associated with outsourcing are:
- Maintaining the quality of the cleaning service is sometimes difficult to maintain. Sometimes, having an in-house employee who is experienced in cleaning and maintenance might be beneficial.
- Some commercial cleaners might charge more for the service.
- Sometimes, the professionals may not be committed to providing you the service therefore they might fail to meet their obligations.
Advantages of Hiring In-House
- The added benefits of the trained professionals facilitate hiring those who love what they do.
- The employees are motivated and willingly put their best foot forward whenever required.
Disadvantages of Hiring In-House
There are certain potential undesirable results and issues with hiring in-house. Some of them are:
- Hiring professionals might be advantageous but it might incur additional costs.
- Secondly, the time required for training the staff as per the needs and requirements could be used for some other productive matters.
- The need to find people who enjoy the work and are willing to handle additional responsibilities might arise.
The above-listed pros and cons might be somehow helpful in determining which would be the right choice for you to make. Properly consider the merits and demerits and take your time to decide. It is essential to ensure that the decision you make is beneficial for the company, the environment, and those around you.