Range of Pay $19-$20
Habitat Charlotte is searching for a talented and committed professional to serve as their Critical Home Repair Support Coordinator. This position is responsible for guiding and supporting Family Partners participating in Habitat Charlotte’s Critical Home Repair Program (HCHR). Working in conjunction with other members of the Family Services, Construction and Development departments, this person will coordinate processes integral to the Family Partner experience, working to bring people together to build homes, communities, and hope. Habitat Charlotte Region is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Working to build homes, communities and hope in Charlotte and the surrounding area, Habitat for Humanity of the Charlotte Region has partnered with more than 3,000 families since 1983. This year, we will help over 300 families through new home construction, recycling existing homes, critical home repair projects and financial literacy training. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a leading nonprofit organization in the field of affordable housing.
Habitat for Humanity of the Charlotte Region offers competitive wages and a great affordable benefits package. Pay as little as $28 per month for health insurance! Complimentary vision, short & long-term disability and life/AD&D. Dental and FSA accounts also available. Retirement Plan with up to 3% match. PTO for full and part time positions. Up to ten paid holidays for full-time team members.
Essential Functions (other duties may be assigned):
- Provide quality case management to a high volume of HCHR Family Partners throughout the service area (Mecklenburg and Iredell County) by educating and managing Family Partner’s program requirements, setting expectations, answering questions, and advocating for the interests of Family Partners as necessary.
- Prepare and execute required program documents in a timely fashion, in coordination with Grants staff, HCHR Family Support Team, Construction staff and Family Partners.
- Collaborate with HCHR Family Support team to streamline Family Partners and provide creative problem solving to the support processes as necessary.
- Assist in providing pipeline analysis to coordinate with Recruitment, Grants, and Construction teams to ensure budgeted numbers will be met.
- Ensure grant compliance by collecting required documentation and forms, communicating with other involved parties, and completing necessary reports.
- Work with HCHR Family Support team on special events and opportunities for recognition of Family Partners/volunteers/staff involved in projects and celebration of partnerships with Habitat Charlotte Region.
- Under the guidance of the HCHR Senior Support Supervisor:
- Develop strategies that offer HCHR Family Partners opportunities to continue to Age in Place.
- Coordinate speakers and facilitate monthly Aging Together workshop for HCHR Family Partners for the entire service area.
- Habitat Charlotte Region-related tasks as assigned by Supervisor
- Experience working with Diverse Populations
- Social Services or Housing-related experience
- Notary License preferred
- Valid Driver’s License or reliable means of alternative transportation; the ability to meet Habitat Charlotte Region’s insurance requirements is preferred
- Intermediate-level Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams), Data Entry, and Data Analysis
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication skills
- Ability to work in a team dynamic and independently where it is needed
- Ability to maintain flexibility and adapt to new processes
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Exceptional Organizational skills and great attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- College degree in related field preferred
- Ability work in office environment as needed which requires ability to speak, hear, with the visual and manual dexterity to manage papers, reports, and typing.
- Must embody the capacity to maintain the following for several hours at a time: use of personal computer or similar technology, phone, sitting as required
- Ability to lift/pull up to 20lbs.
- Ability to visit Home Repair sites, including homes that may have stairs.
All Habitat staff, AmeriCorps members
Community Partners, Volunteers, Habitat Partner Families, Habitat for Humanity International & Affiliates
Tuesday-Saturday 8:00a.m. – 5:00p.m.
(Occasional evening and weekend hours required).
1-2 day remote work is available.
Level of authority:
Reports to HCHR Senior Support Supervisor
Habitat for Humanity of the Charlotte Region is a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug screen and clean background check is required.